Monday, July 03, 2006

I'm Going to Jail

Tomorrow's that last chance to go to Jail. I think I just may make the trip:
Law-abiding citizens who never wound up inside the old Ramsey County Jail have a first and last chance this Fourth of July.

The jail, which clings to the Mississippi River bluff in downtown St. Paul, closed in 2003. But the Ramsey County Sheriff's Office is opening it to the public for tours Tuesday. The building is slated to be demolished next year to make way for luxury condominiums.
I always wondered why the slime of St. Paul had the best view in the city.

Anywho, here's the skinny:
If you go:

What: Free tours of the old Ramsey County Jail
When: Noon to 7 p.m. Tuesday
Where: 12-14 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul
Flash

UPDATE:Here's a shot of my youngest incarcerated in a typical cell in the old Ramsey County ADC.

No comments: