Thursday, September 07, 2006

Been There, Done That

Mitch and I live within a Justin Morneau shot, so I can empathize with this experience:
It was 5PM at the Superamerica on Snelling at Englewood.

The little old SA with the cramped corner parking lot was as busy as the deck of an aircraft carrier, with cars slipping around each other with mere feet to spare, cooperating in that peculiar way Saint Paul drivers do to get around in our narrow-streeted city.

And then you came in, with your Dodge Ram (the one with the hood like a '34 Dusenberg). You pulled into the lot. And you decided you had to "combat park" - to back your truck into a perpendicular parking spot so you could drive out faster, later.
It's worth a roll of the dice if you have never been there. Parking in this little cubby hole is like a jigsaw puzzle as it is. Half the time I just take up a pump slot, which I believe to be poor form itself.

I don't know what I would have done facing Mitch;s situations, but I think he was far more patient then I would have been.

Flash

No comments: