Friday, October 20, 2006

Out of the Funk

As you can imagine, the last few days have been somewhat surreal. Lots of phone calls, lots of tears, lots of memories, lots of internal reflections.

Mike was a dear friend, part of a 4 person posse I guess you'd say. Clive (The Doctor), Johnny, Mike, and myself would do many things together. Wednesday evening we tried to recreate some of those things in Mike's honor. My wife and I met up with Clive at Rock Bottom for dinner. Clive and I then went over to Johnny's later to watch some fishing videos of Mike that Johnny had in his archives. As the evening got late, we opted for Breakfast at Flameburger, and all of us ordered Mike's favorite Ranch Breakfast.

Alexis DeLaCruz of the Steamboat Pilot & Today helped fill in some of the gaps to Mike's last moments in her article on Wednesday. I spoke with her briefly today to find out some more details, and learned she was doing a follow-up article later today or tomorrow. Hopefully the local newspapers will pick up on her stories and share with the local community the tragedy we are experiencing and the fantastic father and friend Michael was.

Details are still pending, and I will post that information here, along with a link to Alexis's follow-up story, when they are available. Hopefully I'll be back to regular posting next week.

Flash

Here is a picture I took several years ago when Clive, Mike and I where up in Bemidji Fishing. That's Mike on the left showing off his recent catch.

No comments: