Friday, February 23, 2007

FrankenSense

I had a little chat with Al Franken yesterday. What stuck me most was his candor and sincere desire to just mingle with the group. He spent considerable time with everyone, to make sure they had ample opportunity to share their concerns.


I took a moment to talk about Iraq, the surge, and what the next steps should be. Al's knowledge of the region, his interaction with the troops and Iraqi citizens during his USO excursions, was refreshing. He knows what he is talking about, and it is coming from experiences not advisers and major party talking points.

Al's not a groomed candidate, but that is what I liked most about the evening. I've seen other candidates in similar environments and they would tip toe on egg shells. It is early enough in this cycle that Franken can still be himself, as he searches for Candidate Franken. I hope the two remain close friends, if not one in the same!

Flash

No comments: