Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mike!

My good friend and possé member Mike Fanaris would have been 44 today. Mike died unexpectedly in October of 2006 while hunting in Colorado. I reminisced:
I've known Mike for over 20 years. We met at the Sears Auto Center in Brookdale. He was one of the best mechanics we had, I was a service advisor. We became good friends. Soon after, he dated a gal I went to high school with. When they decided to 'tie the knot' Mike asked me to be his best man. It was an honor for me to say yes.

Over the years we have stayed in touch through many trips to Rock Bottom. He was a far Right big 'L' Libertarian, which made for some pretty intense political discussions. He labeled me a Commie more then once *laughing* but it was all in good fun and appropriate context.
The Doctor, Jonny, and I never fail to tip one back for Mike whenever we are together. Tonight I will make a special toast, to my good friend and political sparring partner.

He is deeply and truly missed!

Flash

No comments: