Friday, February 12, 2010

Don't Repeat History!

Buried in a Peggy Noonan article is the President repeating one of the items I have been trying to explain for some time:
"If the price of certainty is essentially for us to adopt the exact same proposals that were in place leading up to the biggest economic crisis since the Great Depression . . . the result is going to be the same. I don't know why we would expect a different outcome pursuing the exact same policy that got us in this fix in the first place." He continued: "If our response ends up being, you know . . . we don't want to stir things up here," then "I don't know why people would say, 'Boy, we really want to make sure those Democrats are in Washington fighting for us.'"
I continue to scratch my head when folks support the very policies that got us into this mess, regardless of what side of the aisle you are on.

I think we need to start fresh, with everything on the table. The President makes it clear he is willing to do that!

Flash

No comments: